Errol Spence Jr Next Opponent Has Been Mandated

IBF orders mandatory for Spence Jr 

Errol Spence Jr fresh off of his dismantling of Lamont Peterson has been ordered to face Carlos Ocampo next by the IBF.

The IBF ordered for negotiations between the two sides to begin immediately. If no deal is reached by Feb. 22 a purse bid will be ordered to determine promotional control of the bout. In a purse bid, Spence would be entitled to 85 percent of the winning bid and Ocampo would get the remaining 15 percent.

Ocampo (22-0, 13 KOs), of Mexico, hasn’t really faced any top opponents but some consider him to be a good prospect. His most notable victory came in November 2015 when he easily outpointed one-time prospect Jorge Paez Jr.

Spence (23-0, 20 KOs) said after the fight with Peterson that he wanted to fight three times this year and that he wanted his next fight, likely to be in May or June, to be a homecoming fight in Dallas.

By: Chris Henderson 

1 Comment

  1. Great site my dudes boxing an Dallas needs this. Always good to see brother taking shit to another level.

Leave a Reply