Oscar De La Hoya Says He Still Needs A Contract for Davis v Garcia
The showdown between WBA Regular lightweight champion Gervonta “Tank” Davis (28-0, 26KO) and Ryan “King Ry” Garcia (23-0, 19KO) could be in jeopardy. Golden Boy Promotion CEO Oscar De La Hoya’s recent post indicates the fight may not happen.
The boxing community is praying that the lack of big fights last year does not follow into this year. Fans have been gearing up for Davis versus Garcia since the announcement of it being a done deal on November 2022. In the build-up to their fight, the WBA champion went on to stop WBA junior lightweight champion Hector Luis Garcia on January 7.
King Ry wasted little time in calling out Tank. He went to social media revealing the date for their fight to be April 15. Boxing fans shifted the focus on the conversation about who would win the fight and why.
WILL DAVIS VS GARCIA HAPPEN?
Despite being told the fight was a go, that may not be the case, as De La Hoya is claiming to not have received a contract.
This set off a fire alarm among fans on social media. In addition, he added more drama to the situation by issuing a deadline.
Fans are getting tired of disappointing news when it comes to big fights. Hopefully, the fight will happen this year, even if not on the scheduled date of April 15.
3Kings Boxing will monitor this situation for any further updates.
By: Bo Bland